John P. Thomas
- Probate and Estate Litigation
- Elder Law
- Estate and Trust Planning and Administration
John P. Thomas is a principal attorney at the Willoughby Hills, Ohio, law firm of Schraff Thomas Law. Serving clients throughout Northeast Ohio, he focuses his practice on estate planning, probate and estate litigation. He is a compassionate advocate for his clients and a meticulous researcher, leaving no stone unturned when handling any case.
A diligent professional, Mr. Thomas understands that estate planning and probate can be complicated and overwhelming for families. He analyzes each case and offers a strategy to fit their needs, helping clients think ahead and protect their assets as they grow older. He has over 15 years of experience assisting families from all walks of life in myriad circumstances.
Mr. Thomas is a graduate of Boston College, earning his bachelor’s degree in political science and economics in 2002. He then received his Juris Doctor from the Cleveland State University – Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 2005.
Licensed to practice the same year in Ohio, Mr. Thomas is authorized to appear before the United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio, the United States Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit as well as the United States Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio.
Mr. Thomas is a member of the following organizations:
- The Ohio State Bar Association
- The Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- The Lake County Bar Association
- The Parma Bar Association, Treasurer
- The Lawyers Guild of the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland
Additionally, he served as treasurer of The Association of Specialists in Aging and is on the executive committee of the William K. Thomas American Inn of Court. He has also received the Ohio State Bar Foundation’s 2015 Community Service Award for Attorneys 40 and Under in District 18.
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio
- J.D. - 2005
- Boston College
- B.A. - 2002
- Major: Political Science and Economics
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Treasurer of The Association of Specialists in Aging
- Board member of the Boston College Alumni Association in Cleveland
- Member of the St. Ignatius High School Alumni Association
- Executive Committee of the William K. Thomas American Inns of Court
- Member of the Lawyers Guild of the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland
- 2010 Rising Star in Ohio Super Lawyers
- Ohio State Bar Foundation 2015 Community Service Award for Attorneys 40 and Under in District 18