Long-Term Care And Medicaid Planning Services
Aging is a natural part of life. It should be planned and enjoyed – not stressful. As an older adult or family member of an older adult, it is common to worry about the challenges of planning for your future. Understandably, you may wonder how you will afford long-term care in your later years and continue to preserve a legacy for your loved ones.
At Schraff Thomas Law, our experienced attorneys can assist you with a variety of elder law concerns, including planning for the payment of your preferred assisted living and nursing home as well as applying for Medicare, Medicaid and more. Protecting your home, assets, and life savings starts with careful long-term care and Medicaid planning. Providing expert legal advice, creative planning solutions, and peace-of-mind for older adults and their families (living in or outside of Ohio), we are ready to help you get a long-term care and Medicaid plan in place.
How Medicaid Helps Finance Long-Term Care
When an individual realizes the expense of long-term care, it can be very alarming. Add the fact that long-term care is usually not covered by traditional health insurance, it is easy to see why worry and panic sets in for aging individuals.
The cost for nursing home care in Ohio can range from $85,000 to $100,000-plus a year or more – depending on the type of residence you choose and the level of care needed. Note these costs are only expected to rise.
For most Americans without financial assistance or long-term care insurance, these costs can be devastating and can deplete their assets. In some cases, individuals could lose everything and still lack the resources for long-term care.
This is where Medicaid can help.
- Medicaid is a state program that helps with medical costs for people with limited income and resources.
- Medicaid offers benefits not normally covered by Medicare, including nursing home care and personal care services. Medicare will usually pay a maximum of 100 days of rehab in a long-term care facility. After this time period, and with no other financial assistance or plan in place, you or your family become responsible for all long-term care expenses.
Qualifying for Medicaid can be extremely difficult, and planning for long-term care events takes time and effort. If you want to protect and preserve your assets, then it is important to consider including a Medicaid plan in your estate plan. Your Medicaid plan will help ensure protection in the event you ever need long-term care.
Protect What Matters Most: How Our Team Of Long-Term Care And Medicaid Attorneys Help You Preserve Your Estate And Identify Viable Care Options
We firmly believe that planning ahead and protecting the wealth and assets you have worked hard to achieve and maintain is critical to the financial well-being of your family now and for many years to come.
We serve seniors and their families who are seeking guidance in navigating the many facets of long-term care and Medicaid planning. Remaining sensitive to our clients’ concerns and providing legal counsel and recommendations, we help older adults and their families:
- Identify and explore options,
- Make legal, financial, and health care decisions,
- Utilize the best strategies to protect their assets; and
- Establish plans that will work for them
We also assist clients in maneuvering the ever-changing and highly complex federal and state Medicaid laws and qualifying for long-term care benefits. We assist older adults and their families with the Medicaid application process from start to finish. After a client is qualified, we will work to safeguard their Medicaid eligibility.
Our Long-Term Care And Medicaid Services
Our long-term care and Medicaid planning services include:
- Customized assessments that evaluate specific family situations for clients planning for the future or facing an imminent nursing home stay
- Identifying and exploring options that meet your needs
- Specialized planning techniques to protect assets
- Legal counsel and support to navigate the ever-changing and strenuous process of understanding, qualifying/applying for, and securing long-term care and Medicaid benefits
- Completing applications for Medicaid and other long-term care programs from start to finish
- Attending state hearings on your behalf to support your application for benefits
- Close and timely communication with you every step of the way
- Maintaining Medicaid eligibility
Crisis Medicaid Planning
If you or your aging parent or loved one needs long-term care immediately and you are confronted with the urgent matter of paying for care, your case would be considered a “crisis case.”
Please understand that you do not need to face this crisis alone. However, time is of the essence, so we urge you to contact our long-term care attorneys for immediate help.
With crisis planning, there are still several strategies we can implement to qualify you or your loved one for Medicaid without having to spend all your life savings. We will work to preserve assets and qualify you for long-term care.
Long-Term Care And Medicaid Planning Attorneys In Cleveland & Northeast Ohio
One of the best things you can do right now for you and your family is to get legal, financial and care plans in place. With a focus on compassion and advocacy, our team of dedicated, skilled elder law attorneys will simplify the entire process. Whether you are planning ahead or struggling with an immediate need to pay for a family member’s long-term care, we are here for you. Contact us to schedule a virtual or in-person consultation at one of our three greater Cleveland, Ohio, law offices. Schedule a consultation online or call Schraff Thomas Law at 440-569-1505.